Antimicrobial StewardSHIP: Setting Sail on Best Practices to Optimize Treatments
You are warmly invited to our upcoming WSPID Webinar! This webinar will include two presentations on Best Practices in AMS and a live Q&A with the speakers and moderators.
About the Session
The theme of this session is Antimicrobial StewardSHIP: Setting Sail on Best Practices to Optimize Treatments.
Speakers: Dr. Rona El Feghaly and Dr. Daniele Dona
Moderators: Dr. Danilo Buonsenso and Dr. Anna Markowich
Date: 16 October 2023
Time: 13:00 CEST Convert to your own time zone
- Welcome & introductions
- How can we do better outside of the hospitals? Pearls for outpatient antimicrobial stewardship – Dr. Rona El Feghal
- Antibiotic stewardship in the acute care setting for common infections – Dr. Daniele Dona
- Reflections from the moderators – Dr. Danilo Buonsenso and Dr. Anna Markowich
- Q&A – All speakers & Moderators
- Identify healthcare burden caused by AMR in pediatric populations and its role in future pandemics.
- Explain how new guidelines on antimicrobial stewardship will help in future pandemics.
- Discuss how rapid diagnostics impact treatment decisions and antimicrobial stewardship.
- Identify AMS practices available for low resource settings
The recording of this session together with the article will be made available on the WSPID Global E-Learning Portal after the session. Create a free account on the Portal today to access this and all future WSPID Journal Club sessions.
We look forward to seeing you at the session!