New Live WSPID Webinar: Challenges of childhood TB diagnosis
You are warmly invited to our upcoming WSPID Webinar! This webinar will include two presentations and a live Q&A with the speakers and moderators.
About the Session
The theme of this session is Challenges of childhood TB diagnosis – Finding the missing cases in high-burden settings.
Speakers: Prof. Regina Oladokun Dr. Watsamon Jantarabenjakul
Moderators: Prof. Mark Cotton and Assistant Prof. Piyarat Suntarattiwong
Date: 27 September 2023
Time: 7:00-8:30 AM EDT (11:00-12:30 GMT, 13:00-14:30 CEST, 18:00-19:30 ICT, 20:30-22:00 ACST) Convert to your own time zone
- An overview and update of TB diagnosis in children (+/- a case study) – Dr. Watsamon Jantarabenjakul
- Childhood and adolescent TB: how can we find the missing cases? – Prof. Regina Oladokun
- Explain the current diagnostic schemes for children at-risk of tuberculosis
- List the factors that can lead to misdiagnosis or under diagnosis of TB in children and adolescents.
- Indicate modalities for finding the missing cases of TB in children and adolescents.
The recording of this session together with the article will be made available on the WSPID Global E-Learning Portal after the session. Create a free account on the Portal today to access this and all future WSPID Journal Club sessions.
We look forward to seeing you at the session!