WSPID Workshop: Pediatric Dengue Vaccination Dialogues
Join us for an engaging and interactive live virtual 2-hour workshop designed to empower learners with the knowledge and skills they need to effectively navigate conversations about dengue fever vaccination in pediatric patients.
The workshop will center around breakout rooms where participants will work in small groups with a WSPID facilitator to learn when and how to initiate meaningful discussions about dengue fever vaccination, address parental concerns, and make informed recommendations.
- Date & Time: 19 March 2024, 13:00 CET
- Duration: 120 minutes
- Format: Live virtual workshop through Zoom, with interactive elements, breakout sessions, and discussions.
- Nr of participants: 60
Key Learning Objectives
- Teach HCPs how to initiate conversations about dengue fever vaccination effectively, including the timing and approach to discussing vaccines with parents.
- Provide HCPs with the knowledge and skills to address various case scenarios related to dengue fever vaccination, considering factors like patient history, risk factors, and family dynamics.
- Promote understanding of the importance of dengue fever vaccination in different contexts, such as post-infection, travel, and for children with special health needs.
- Encourage interactive discussions and role-playing exercises within the workshop to simulate real-world scenarios and improve HCPs communication skills.
- Share the latest guidelines and recommendations for dengue fever vaccination.
Prof Lulu Bravo: MD, Professor Emeritus College of Medicine, University of the Philippines Manila (Philippines)
Dr Somia Iqtadar: Associate Professor of Medicine at King Edward Medical University (KEMU), Lahore. (Pakistan)
Dr Fatima Gimenez: MD, president of the Pediatric Infectious Disease Society of the Philippines (Philippines)
Dr Eduardo Lopez: MD, Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Specialist, Scientific Director at Centro de Estudios en Infectología Pediátrica (Colombia)
Dr Daniel Jarovsky: MD, instructor professor in Pediatrics and Pediatric Infectious Diseases at Santa Casa de Misericórdia de São Paulo (Brazil)
Dr Ian Michelow: MD, Division Head, Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunology at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center in Hartford, CT (USA)
FULL – Join the Waiting List