New WSPID Webinar Series
The first webinar in a new series by WSPID. To learn more about the series and to register for upcoming webinars, check out this page and WSPID’s social media channels.
The series kicks off with a webinar on the impact of COVID-19 in the pediatric population.
Title: WSPID Webinar 1: The Impact of COVID-19 in the Pediatric Population.
Description: In this session, 3 specialists provide their perspectives on the impact of COVID-19 in the pediatric population in 3 talks. The session concludes with a brief Q&A.
- Worldwide impact in children under 18 years of age: infection and severity
- The role of children in transmission
- Multisystemic inflammatory syndrome in children
- Susanna Esposito – Full Professor of Pediatrics and Director of the Pediatric Clinic at University of Parma, President of the World Association for Infectious Diseases and Immunological Disorders
- Juan Pablo Torres – Pediatric Infectious Diseases, PhD, Associate Professor and Director of Innovation, Faculty of Medicine, University of Chile
- Marco Aurélio Palazzi Sáfadi MD, PhD – Pediatric Division Head, Santa Casa de São Paulo School of Medical Sciences
- Mark Cotton – Distinguished Professor at Stellenbosch University, President of WSPID.
- Miguel O’Ryan MD – Professor, Faculty of Medicine, University of Chile, Advisor for Covid19 to the Health and Science and Technology Ministries, Chile, Coordinator International Scientific Committee WCPID.
You can now watch the recording of WSPID’s webinar – The Impact of COVID-19 in the Pediatric Population.