WSPID is creating this webpage with resources including guidelines and links to regional/int’l resources for health professionals caring for children around the world. The resources are a guide only and do not replace your national or institutional guidelines and we urge you to ask for and follow local advice.
WSPID – Reacting to COVID-19 – read article it here
- BMJ: https://www.bmj.com/coronavirus
- NEJM: https://www.nejm.org/coronavirus?query=main_nav_lg
- The LANCET: https://www.thelancet.com/coronavirus
- Elsevier’s Corona Health Care Hub: https://www.elsevier.com/connect/coronavirus-information-center
- UpToDate: https://www.uptodate.com/home/covid-19-access
- bioRxiv: COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2 preprints from medRxiv and bioRxiv
- WHO: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/technical-guidance
- WHO: Schools and other educational institutions transmission investigation protocol for coronavirus disease 2019
- PENTA: https://penta-id.org/covid-19-outbreak/
- @DFTBubbles: rapid review of all English language literature of COVID-19 in children
- OPENPediatrics: https://www.openpediatrics.org/group/coronavirus-disease-covid-19
- ISARIC: COVID-19 Clinical Research Resources
- Variety of sources: Oxygen resources
- A package of materials intended to help optimise oxygen systems during the COVID-19 pandemic relevant for policy makers, hospital managers, healthcare workers and technicians.for the benefit of patients.
- Society of Refugee Health Providers: http://refugeesociety.org/covid-19-resources
- The society focuses on refugee health in North America, however, the COVID-19 resources have been translated into different languages which might be helpful for others outside of North America working with refugees.
- Virology Education: COVID-19 Online Educational Program
- COVID-19 Update for Healthcare Professionals (livestream recordings & presentations).
- ECDC: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/novel-coronavirus-china
- An Italian perspective (pediatric): Practical Recommendations from the Frontline of the SARS-CoV-2 Outbreak – read the full article here. In summary:
- Children and neonates can spread the virus
- Simulate COVID-19 care and prepare ICUs
- Never undertake high risk airway procedures without personal protection
- 6 hourly shifts maximum in ICU
- Isolation of cases is key, includes newborn infants of +ve mothers
- Breast feeding needs careful thought to avoid droplet spread
- Do not admit +ve children to hospital or intensive care unless clinically indicated by severity
- PICS UK: https://picsociety.uk/covid19/
- PICS guidance on management of critically ill children with Covid-19 infection
- Includes flow charts for referral and transfer of Level 1, 2 and 3 critical care patients, Intubation Guidance, PPE for Aerosol-Generating Procedures and Cardiac arrest management.
- NHS – King’s Critical Care: Evidence Summary Clinical Management of COVID-19
- A summary of the evidence available internationally on the management of COVID-19 disease which clinicians may find useful.
- NHS – Birmingham Children’s Hospital: Transporting critically ill children with COVID19 /suspect https://youtu.be/hgrDqP5Ws48 Some helpful tips + blips for discussion.
- RCPCH: https://www.rcpch.ac.uk/resources/covid-19-guidance-paediatric-services
- ESPNIC: Nursing guidance for the care of the child with suspected or proven COVID-19 infection
- London School of Pediatrics: Top tips for running a telephone based paediatric outpatient-clinic/
- BMA: https://www.bma.org.uk/advice-and-support/covid-19
- An Italian perspective (adults): Development of a #COVID19 ICU Network to manage the surge of critical care patients. Experiences and lessons learned: ESICM & JAMA interview – listen to interview here
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
- PIDS: https://www.pids.org/resources/covid-19.html
- IDSA: https://www.idsociety.org/public-health/COVID-19-Resource-Center/
- NIH: https://www.nih.gov/coronavirus
- CIDRAP: http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19
- FOAMid: https://foamid.com/2020/03/17/covid-19-ultimate-resource-list/
- US centric but very extensive and detailed
- ATS: https://www.thoracic.org/professionals/clinical-resources/disease-related-resources/novel-coronavirus.php
- Peds Assembly ATS Journal Club: COVID-19 in Children
- International Perspective On The Pediatric Covid Experience
- AAP: https://services.aap.org/en/pages/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-infections/
- NAPNAP: https://www.napnap.org/coronavirus-safety
- SCCM: Critical Care for Non-ICU Clinicians – complimentary online training
- SCCM’s Critical Care for the Non-ICU Clinician provides online education to healthcare professionals who could benefit from critical care training.
- MD+Calc: COVID-19 Resource Center
- Brescia-COVID Respiratory Severity Scale (BCRSS)/Algorithm A collaboration between Italian ID & ICU doctors
- Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Children’s Center: Interview with Peter Hotez, M.D., Ph.D. Dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine and Professor of Pediatrics and Molecular Virology & Microbiology at Baylor College of Medicine/Director of the Texas Children’s Center for Vaccine Development (CVD) and Texas Children’s Hospital Endowed Chair of Tropical Pediatrics
- A detailed look at #COVID19 from prevention to vaccines & care after recovery.
- Johns Hopkins University: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- The leading Covid-19 Epidemiology tracker and MAP
- VPS: COVID-19 Data – North American PICUs
- NEJM: Barrier Enclosure during Endotracheal Intubation
- The National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce: https://covid19evidence.net.au/
- NEW ZEALAND – MINISTRY OF HEALTH: https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- ASID/ANZPID: https://www.asid.net.au/resources/coronavirus-2019
- Australasian College for Emergency Medicine: Managing COVID-19 across the Indo-Pacific A guide for emergency departments with limited resources
- PAHO: in Spanish
- AFRICA CDC: http://www.africacdc.org/covid-19-and-resources
- AFEM: COVID-19 Severity Scoring Tool for low resourced settings
- SOUTH AFRICA – National Institute for Communicable Diseases: http://www.nicd.ac.za/diseases-a-z-index/covid-19/
- KENYA – Ministry of Health: http://www.health.go.ke/covid-19/#1585137302557-b337f64d-c55873d1-981a
- Emergency Medicine Kenya Foundation: http://www.emergencymedicinekenya.org/COVID19/
- WHO South-East Asia: https://www.who.int/southeastasia/outbreaks-and-emergencies/novel-coronavirus-2019
- INDIA – National Centre for Disease Control: https://ncdc.gov.in/index4.php?lang=1&level=0&linkid=127&lid=432
- CHINA: The Chinese perspective
- SINGAPORE: KKH Women’s and Children’s Hospital: Special Considerations for Highly Infectious Respiratory Pathogens
- This video by KKH’s healthcare team highlights important considerations for managing emergency situations involving paediatric patients with highly infectious respiratory pathogens, such as COVID-19.
- COVID-19 resource for Pharmacists: https://www.idstewardship.com/coronavirus-covid-19-resources-pharmacists/